Pimento Stuffed Grilled Jalapeños with Amplify
Pimp your poppers with a creamy, bubbly pimento cheese centre, and a crunchy, savory Amplify topper.
- 6 jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 lb pimento cheese
- 1 cup chicharrones or pork rinds
- 1 tablespoon Hardcore Carnivore Amplify seasoning
- Prepare a grill for medium heat cooking, with the coals bunched onto one side to create a cool and hot zone to cook on.
- Cut the jalapenos lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds. Discard the seeds.
- Spoon a heaped teaspoon of the pimento cheese into the open half of the jalapeno, and seal it down against the sides. Repeat until all the cheese has been used and all the halves are filled.
- On the cool side of the grill, place the peppers cheese side up. Close the lid, and cook until the peppers soften and the cheese is bubbly and brown on top, about 10-15 minutes.
- While the peppers are cooking, place the chicharrones in a bag and use a mallet or rolling pin to crush them to a chunky powder. Add the Amplify to the bag and shake well to mix everything up.
- Using tongs, carefully remove the cooked peppers from the grill, then quickly sprinkle with the chicharron mixture. Serve immediately.