Rich Smoked Pulled Lamb
This incredibly rich and fatty meat becomes even more irresistible when when paired with Hardcore Carnivore Camo and given a smoke bath.
- 1 x bone-in lamb shoulder (about 5lb)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons Hardcore Carnivore Camo seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Fire up a smoker or pellet grill to 275f. Combine water and vinegar and place into a spray bottle.
- Coating lamb shoulder with the olive oil and add the seasoning. Make sure the whole shoulder is generously coated.
- Place the lamb into the smoker and cook for 45 minutes. Then, open the lid and lightly spritz the surface of the meat with the water mixture. Repeat this step every 20-30 minutes for the next 4 hours.
- All up a 5lb lamb shoulder at this temperature should take about 5-6 hours until tender. If you reach 5 hours and the meat is still very tough, you can wrap in foil to help speed the cook.
- The lamb is done when a probe inserted into the meat has no resistance.
- Remove the meat from the smoker, and if not already wrapped, wrap in butcher paper. Place the whole shoulder into a cooler and rest for 30 minutes before shreddding/pulling.