Roasted Red Chicken
Upgrade the humble chicken with a healthy dose of Hardcore Carnivore Red rub.
- 3 tablespoon Hardcore Carnivore Red seasoning plus extra
- 1 whole chicken
- 4 beets, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2-3 cups cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 waxy potatoes
- 2 heads garlic, cut in half
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven, indirect grill or smoker to 450f.
- Rinse chicken under cold water and pat dry with paper towel. Use kitchen shears to remove backbone, then continue to cut the chicken in quarters.
- Place vegetables and chicken into a bowl. Add oil and Red seasoning, then toss to coat everything well. Pour onto a sheet pan, spreading into a single layer.
- Place sheet pan into oven or smoker, and cook for around 50 minutes until the chicken reads 165f on an instant read thermometer inserted into the thigh. We use and recommend Thermowork's Smoke or Thermapen units to measure temperature accurately.