Smoked BBQ beans
Thick & hearty beans make the perfect BBQ side dish.
- 6 oz thick cut bacon
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Hardcore Carnivore Sweet BBQ Rub
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 16 oz canned Great Northern beans, drained
- 16 oz canned butter beans, drained
- 16 oz canned navy beans, drained
- Preheat a smoker to 275f.
- Slice the bacon into half inch pieces.
- Place a pan that can go from stove to smoker (like a cast iron skillet) over medium heat, and cook the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon and set aside, but leave the fat in the pan.
- Add the onion and garlic to the hot bacon fat, and cook 1-2 minutes until softened.
- Add in tomato paste, stir, then add in the stock.
- Add the sugar, molasses, vinegar, Sweet BBQ rub and mustard. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add all three beans and return the bacon to the pan. Stir.
- Place the pan into the smoker and cook, stirring occasionally, for up to two hours, or until the sauce has thickened to your liking.