Smoked Pig Shots
Smoked sausage, smokey cream cheese and bacon. It's got all the essentials.
- 12 oz Hardcore Carnivore brand smoked sausage
- 1lb thick cut bacon
- 8oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or your choice of cheese
- 2-4 tablespoon Hardcore Carnivore Amplify rub
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapeno slices
- Preheat a smoker or pellet grill to 300f.
- Cut the sausages into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Slice the bacon across to form two piles of shorter pieces. Roll around the sausage pieces with the sausage at one end to form a "collar". The sausage will be the base of the shot. Secure with a toothpick and place onto a rack. Repeat with all remaining sausage/bacon.
- For the filling, combine the cream cheese, shredded cheese and Amplify rub, stirring until smooth and well incorporated.
- Pipe or spoon the filling into the pig shots, and top with a single pickled jalapeno slice.
- Place the rack into the smoker and cook for about an hour until the bacon renders and turns golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.