Hardcore Carnivore Black Smoked Beef Ribs
One of the hallmarks of Texas barbecue - impossibly tender beef with a killer crust thanks to our Black seasoning.
- One section of beef plate ribs (3 ribs total, about 4-5 lb)
- 3-4 tablespoons Hardcore Carnivore Black rub
- 1/4 cup vinegar (white or cider)
- 3/4 cup water
- Preheat a smoker to 300f.
- Prepare beef ribs. Leave the membrane on the bones intact. Pat dry with paper towel. Apply the Hardcore Carnivore Black rub. Be generous with your application, more is better. Coat all sides and massage it in well.
- Place the rack of ribs in the smoker, bone side down. In a spray bottle, combine the water and vinegar. After 2 hours, spritz with the vinegar mixture every hour or so.
- Cook until a probe or skewer has no resistance when pushed in. This will be at about 206-210f. Make sure you probe the rack in several spots. It should feel just like a hot knife through butter - if you feel any kind of resistance, they are not done yet.
- Once cooked, remove rack and wrap in Hardcore Carnivore butchers paper, then set in a cooler to rest for 1-3 hours. If you cannot get paper you can use foil, but your bark will soften. Slice ribs between bone and serve.