Hardcore Carnivore Red smoked pork ribs
Classic smoked St Louis cut pork ribs get an incredible all-natural red glow from Hardcore Carnivore Red seasoning.
- 2 racks st louis ribs
- 3-4 tablespoons Hardcore Carnivore Red rub
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce or glaze
- Fire up a smoker or pellet grill to run at 225f. We recommend using a fruit wood like cherry or apple to pair with pork.
- Pat ribs dry with a paper towel and remove membrane from the back. Coat the racks well with Hardcore Carnivore Red seasoning, making sure all sides are thickly coated. Let ribs sit and 'sweat' for 15-20 mins to allow the seasoning to adhere.
- In a spray bottle, combine water and cider vinegar. Set aside.
- Place the ribs in the smoker and cook for three hours, spritzing with the cider vinegar mixture every 25-30 minutes.
- After three hours, wrap the ribs tightly in foil (a double layer is best) and put them back on the smoker for a further 1.5 hours.
- Carefully unwrap the ribs and discard the foil.
- Paint the top of the ribs with BBQ sauce or glaze, then cook a further 5-10 minutes to set.