Hardcore Smash Burgers
A classic American burger with crispy, lacy beef edges.
- 2 lb ground beef, 80/20 fat*
- Hardcore Carnivore Black seasoning
- 1 onion, peeled & finely shaved
- 8 slices of American cheese
- 8 potato roll buns
- Preheat a griddle to high heat. You can also use a large cast iron pan, or a griddle pan over the grill.
- Split the beef into 8 balls, then place each ball on hot griddle, leaving space between them. Place a small handful of onions on top of each ball.
- Use a firm metal spatula to smash the burgers flat against the griddle, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Season the patties with Hardcore Carnivore Black, then allow to cook for 2-3 minutes, without moving.
- Use a spatula to scrape underneath ther burger, then flip it over. Layer immediately with cheese, then close the lid and cook a further 1-2 minutes on the other side until cheese is melted.
- Layer the bun with the smashed onion patty and devour.
pro tip - for extra juicy burgers, don't use lean beef. A higher fat percentage will help keep the burgers moist, AND create an epic crust on the griddle.