Grilled Jalapeno Bacon Shrimp
The key to successfully grilling these salty morsels of shrimp, jalapeno and bacon is indirect heat.
- 16 x Jumbo Texas Gulf shrimp (see note 2)
- 2 x jalapeno peppers
- 1 lb bacon (thin cut)
- Hardcore Carnivore Tex Mex seasoning
- Start by preparing the ingredients. Peel and devein the shrimp (but you can leave the tail). Remove and discard the jalapeno seeds, then cut each pepper into 8 thin strips. Slice the bacon strip in half to form two shorter strips (see note 3).
- Preheat a grill for two zone (indirect) cooking. The grill temp should be about 400-450f.
- Take one shrimp and lay the strip of jalapeno along the cut back then wrap with the small strip of bacon. Ensure the bacon is wrapped tightly around the shrimp – this will help it form a shrink-wrap effect. Repeat until all shrimp are wrapped.
- Thread the shrimp onto long metal skewers, 5 or 6 per skewer facing the same direction (see note 4) then season with a dusting of Hardcore Carnivore Tex Mex.
- Lay the shrimp onto the indirect side of the grill, close the lid, and cook until the bacon has rendered and shrunk, and turned crispy (about 25-30 minutes). For an extra pop of flavor, you can lay the skewers over the coals for a minute each side at the end of cooking to char them a little more (but not burn them!).
- Slide the shrimp off the skewers onto a plate and serve immediately.