Barbecue Pulled Pork
Pulled pork is a great recipe for BBQ beginners - it's so easy to nail that tender, juicy smoked meat. With a little help from Hardcore Carnivore Red, of course.
Time: about 9 hours
- 1 x 8 lb pork butt
- 1/4 cup Hardcore Carnivore Red seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
1) Heat a smoker to run at 250f. Pat the pork butt down with paper towel, then coat well with pork seasoning, making sure all the sides are coated. Leave the butt to sit out, around 20 minutes, so the meat sweats and turns the seasoning to a paste.
2) Place the butt in the smoker, insert a probe to monitor temperature. Mix the cider vinegar and water in a spray bottle, and spritz the butt every 20-30 mins.
3) After 5 hours, wrap the butt tightly in butchers paper or foil, and return to the smoker to cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 200f.
4) Once the internal temperature is at 200f, remove the pork butt and rest for an hour.
5) After the meat has rested, pull it and serve. If preferred, coat the pulled pork with BBQ sauce and toss to serve, or try this Carolina style vinegar mop.