FAST grilled steak with Black seasoning
How to nail restaurant quality cooked steaks on the home grill. This will work with any steak, but we're using Picanha.
- 1 x picanha steak (or ribeye, or strip, or filet etc)
- Hardcore Carnivore Black seasoning
- Heat a grill for two zone cooking. In a charcoal grill - pile all the lit coals to one side, leaving half hot and half cool zones. In a propane grill, light two left burners, leaving the two right burners off. The temperature should be 450-500f.
- If the fat cap on the pork but is more than 1/4 inch thick, score it using a trimming knife.
- Pat the steak dry with a paper towel, then season liberally with Hardcore Carnivore Black seasoning.
- Place the steak over the direct heat, and begin to flip every 20-40 seconds. The first flips will seem underwhelming in color, but they will gradually built. Once you have achieved a nice sear, check the internal temperature. If it's at 135f, remove from heat. If not, move across to the indirect/cool side of the grill to finish cooking until it does reach 135f.
- Rest steak for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Accurately measure the internal temp with a quality thermometer.
- Keep trimming and seasoning easy with our Disposable Cutting Boards.