Chunky BBQ pulled pork sandwiches
Sweet and tender chunks of pulled pork loaded into a two-hander sammich of deliciousness.
- 1 x bone in or boneless pork butt
- Hardcore Carnivore Red seasoning
- Hardcore Carnivore Sweet seasoning
- 1 cup apple juice.
- Hardcore Carnivore Burnt Ends Sauce
- Burger buns
- Coleslaw (optional)
- Heat a smoker or pellet grill to 225f.
- If the fat cap on the pork but is more than 1/4 inch thick, score it using a trimming knife.
- Season the pork butt generously on all sides with two layers of seasoning. First the Red rub, then the Sweet rub.
- Place into smoker and cook for four hours, spritzing with apple juice every 30 minutes.
- Wrap the pork butt tightly with foil, then return to the smoked for another 4 hours to finish cooking. Allow to rest 30 mins before attempting to pull.
- Carefully remove pork from foil, then place into a foil pan. Gently pull pork with your hands. Keep some pieces chunky, trying not to break it down into thin strands.
- Pour over Burnt Ends Sauce and toss until it's all combined.
- Generously stuff pulled pork into burger buns, then top with pickles and optional coleslaw to serve.
- Accurately measure the internal temp with a quality thermometer.
- Keep trimming and seasoning easy with our Disposable Cutting Boards.